New Modes for Starhawk; Single-Player to be Free
Good news for all you Starhawk fans out there, and some good news for all of you that are still on the fence about the game. Starting next Tuesday, there will be three all new ways to get your hands on Sony’s third-person shooter. You can buy the whole game for $39.99 or you can buy just the multiplayer for just $19.99. The other way? Well, if you are a Playstation Plus member, you can download the full single player experience for free. Yeah that’s right, FREE! Sounds pretty cool right? Well that’s not all the Starhawk news. The Official Playstation Blog has also outlined the upcoming 1.04 patch.
The Patch includes:
- 3 New Gameplay Modes: Assault, Deathmatch Arena, Gatekeeper.
- 5 New “Small” Maps: Cypress Glade, Space Relay, Scourge Junction, Space Flotilla, Scourge Breaker.
- Updated pre-placed pick-ups on all maps (just like we did in Cypress) as well as updated Rift Barrel placement.
- 3 New Build & Battle Load-outs: Trooper, Lightweight and Speeder.
- New Tool-Tips are displayed on various options and buttons in the Uplink. including a display of all the units in each Load-Out and recommended player counts when you create a new game.
- MAW Rocket Launcher now can lock-on to the Sidewinder Jet Bike.
- Added four New national clan banners for our players in the Middle East: Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel and the UAE.
- Quit Penalty for players that quit during a game — you get a loss posted and SkillScore hit.
- New “Up Next” display at the intermission screen of what map, mode and load-out is coming up in the next round.
- More score-limit and time-limit options when creating a game.
- All three new game modes are added to QuickMatch for matchmaking.
- Co-Op Prospector is now supported in Quick-Match for matchmaking into public Co-Op games.
- New Co-Op Prospector options for creating Private or Public games, difficulty, and game name.
- Public Co-Op Prospector games now are supported in the server-list.
- Bug fix that ensures that only Clan Leaders/Officers can edit the clan tag field.
- Added a PlayStation Store button to the Uplink for accessing Starhawk DLC.
- Increased starting Rift-Energy in Homeworlds.
- Slightly increased the Galloway Pistol’s head-shot damage.
- Removed the “Bruiser” Skill.
- Added a “Grinder” Skill that allows you to start with a Grinder in your weapon inventory.
- Grinder wind-up time has been reduced.
- Max range for the Grinder has been increased.
- In the server-list, the easy “Cake” and medium “Fist” game icons have been removed. You will still see the hard “Skull” game icons.
- Refined difficulty tuning on all Co-Op Prospector Missions (slightly easier).
- Increased XP payouts for all Co-Op Prospector Missions.
- XP payouts for capturing Tier-2 and Tier-3 bases in the Zones gameplay mode.
- Integrated Starhawk-specific network scan to help players resolve port issues.
- Added in-game scoreboard HUD for Dogfight & Arena Deathmatch gameplay modes.
There you have it Starhawk fans. Looks like they are working very hard to not only improve the game but also get more gamers involved with it.
What do you guys think about the idea of splitting up single-player and multiplayer? Good move? Should games like Call of Duty follow suite?