New Nintendo Direct Details Wii U Functionality
In a Nintendo Direct released yesterday, Satoru Iwata discussed a variety of Wii U details. Notable points included the following:
- The Wii U can save data to an external hard drive via USB. In a future update, the Wii U will be able to connect to two hard drives simultaneously to allow easier data management.
- The Basic Wii U’s internal hard drive, after space formatting, will only have 4.2GB free. That’s enough to store one typical Wii U title. Bear in mind that both Basic and Premium Wii Us can use external hard drives, so neither model is limited to its internal space.
- Points earned as a Nintendo Premium member are good not only on the Wii U, but also in the DSiWare shop and the 3DS eShop.
- Wii U can save preferences for multiple users.
- Parental controls allow for restricting children’s access to the internet, including Miiverse interactions and e-Shop spending.
You can read a full rundown of the Nintendo Direct here.